Kitchen remodeling can be a huge undertaking. There are many ways to go about a kitchen remodeling project. To help you have the best experience possible, we have provided you with five kitchen remodeling mistakes to be on the lookout for and to avoid.
- Attempting it Alone – We cannot recommend enough hiring experienced and professional help to complete your kitchen remodeling project. An experienced professional can help you with ideas, planning, layout, execution, design choices, and so much more.
- Forgetting Workflow – When designing your kitchen, don’t forget to take into consideration where your most-used appliances will be located. The three most important places that should be easily accessible from each other are the sink, the fridge, and the stove.
- Not Protecting Your Home – During the kitchen remodel, be sure to protect the surrounding areas of your home from debris, dust, and paint. Be sure that you or the contractor takes the time to carefully cover your personal belongings, furniture, and floors.
- Losing Sight of Your Budget – Before you even begin, you will want to decide on your budget. Be sure to check in on your budget often to make sure you are not going over.
- Choosing Appliances Last – Don’t wait until the very end to choose your appliances. Do that first, so you can build your cabinets and countertops to fit your appliances.
Give us a call at Dorothy Builds LLC for more tips or additional help with your kitchen remodel.